The invoice data is prepared in your ERP system. The data for e-bills is generated using the subscriber numbers entered in the master data. This invoice data is sent to the service provider, which creates e-bills for you in compliance with the law, including signature, and sends them to your clients. Your clients receive the e-bills directly in their ERP or e-banking system. Please note the following steps when getting started:
- Many ERP systems are already able to generate datasets for the electronic transmission of invoices. The transmission of invoice data from your system is largely automated. You can obtain information from your ERP software manufacturer about this e-billing option.
- Alternatively, some service providers offer solutions that create structured e-bills from ERP-generated printer data or PDF files.
- Choose the service provider that suits you best. The choice will depend on the additional services you would like to use and on the providers through which e-bills can be delivered to your clients.
- Set up your system accordingly.
- Complete the client master data in your system with the subscriber number, the "electronic billing address".
- Carry out a test with the bill recipient to ensure that all necessary information is transmitted correctly when sending the invoice electronically.
- Always note the invoice reference number on the e-bill. This enables the Federal Administration to process it efficiently.
- In the future, you can send e-bills not only to the Federal Administration in this way, but also to other clients.
The Federal Administration uses the services of the following providers for this type of electronic billing:
You can also submit e-bills to the Federal Administration through other service providers that have an interconnect interface with Swisscom or PostFinance. You can choose from the following:
Here is the List of administrative units of the Swiss Federal Administration that are ready to receive e-bills. The eDirectory.ch list of e-billing subscribers contains the companies and organisations domiciled in Switzerland that wish to exchange invoices with their business partners electronically in a structured manner.